How To Fix Seagate Personal Cloud Power Button Not Working
Seagate Personal Cloud is the best storage solution for your complete household. Usually, it works without any hindrances. However, a problem can occur on any device, and Seagate Personal Cloud is not an exception. If the Power button of your Seagate Personal Cloud is not working, you need to check a few things. This article will show you some of the best solutions to handle the “Seagate Personal Cloud Power button not working” issue.
CHECK THE CONNECTION
Connection should be firm enough for the proper functioning of your Seagate Personal Cloud. If the connection between your Personal Cloud and the power outlet is not stable, your device will not power on. Follow the oncoming instructions if you don’t know how to connect your Personal Cloud device to the router and power outlet.
- Disconnect all the cables from your Personal Cloud device.
- Take the Ethernet cable and connect it to the Ethernet port of your router and your Seagate Personal Cloud device.
- Connect the power adapter between the Power port of your Personal Cloud and the power outlet.
- If the power outlet is not working, your Seagate Personal Cloud will not turn on. So, verify the functionality of the power outlet by connecting a different electronic device to it.
- If the connected device works properly, proceed with the next solution. If the connected device is not working, connect your Seagate Personal Cloud to a different power outlet and see if it turns on.
CHECK THE POWER SUPPLY
- Your Seagate Personal Cloud device requires a steady power supply. If there is a power fluctuation, your Seagate device will not turn on when you press the Power button. In that scenario, you may think that the issue lies with the Power button. But, the real problem occurs with the power supply.
- In case you find that there’s a power outage in your region, wait until the issue is resolved. Once you receive an uninterruptible power supply, press the Power button to check if it is working.
- If you still cannot fix the problem, proceed with the next solution.
RESET YOUR DEVICE
When you reset your Personal Cloud, the network settings will go back to the factory defaults. However, it will not damage your data. But, the Reset process can help you troubleshoot the “Seagate Personal Cloud Power button not working” issue. Follow these instructions for the detailed steps.
- Before resetting your device, ensure that your Personal Cloud device is turned off.
- Take a pointed object like a paper clip and press and hold the Reset button of your Seagate Personal Cloud; you can find the button at the back of your device.
- While pressing the Reset button, press the Power button.
- Now, the LED on your device will start to blink red, which signifies that the reset process is in progress.
- After 20 seconds, release the Reset button.
- When the LED of your device turns white, you can go ahead to configure your Seagate Personal Cloud device.
- Once you configure your Seagate Personal Cloud, see if the Power button works.
If your Seagate Personal Cloud Power Button Not Working is not yet resolved, reach our technical experts.