SEAGATE PERSONAL CLOUD SETUP
Learn how to set up the Seagate Personal Cloud drive.Seagate Personal Cloud is an external hard drive that allows you to store and access your data over the Internet. The drive is ready to use as soon as you connect it to your router. However, you need a computer or smartphone to access it completely.
Some highlighting features of this drive are listed below:
- Seagate Dashboard: Helps you to back up and maintain your data library securely.
- Seagate Mobile Backup: This allows you to back up your data from your smartphone to the drive.
- Seagate Media: Stream content from drive to mobile phone or smart TV.
- Backup Manager: Helps you in controlling cloud and sync services.
Now, let’s see the Seagate Personal Cloud setup in detail.
Before beginning the setup process, ensure that your computer meets the following requirements.
- Router with 10/ 100/ 1000 Ethernet port
Software, web browser, and internet Requirements
- Operating system: Windows and Mac
- A stable Internet connection
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 9. x or later, Firefox 5. x or later, Chrome 11. x or later, Safari 5 or later
- Plug the Ethernet cable’s one end into your router and the other end into the Seagate Personal Cloud storage drive.
- Connect the drive to the AC outlet and turn it on.
- Wait for the drive’s LED to become solid white.
- Once the LED becomes solid white, it signifies that the drive is ready to use.
USING THE DRIVE
You can use the Seagate personal cloud drive using the Personal Cloud app (available using any browser) or the Seagate Media app (for Android or iOS). The instructions given below will guide you in using the drive using the Personal Cloud app.
- Ensure that the computer and your hard drive are connected to the same network.
- Now, open a web browser.
- Go to the Personal Cloud Seagate drive page.
- Enter your Seagate account credentials in the given fields.
- Go to the NAS devices list.
- Select your Personal Cloud drive and follow the on-screen instructions to access it.
- Now you have learnt the Seagate Personal Cloud Setup.