Seagate Personal Cloud Time Machine
Learn how to back up your data from your Mac computer to the Seagate Personal Cloud drive Time Machine.
Seagate Personal Cloud is an external hard drive that allows you to store and access your data in one location. This cloud-based device also helps you in creating a centralized media library to protect your data from unknown or third-party access. Compared to other external hard drives, this one is easier to set up and use.
The key features offered by the Seagate Personal Cloud drive are listed below:
- Auto backup
- Smart Copy
- Mobile Backup
- Stream media content from the drive to mobile phones, smart TVs, and streaming devices
- Back up to the cloud storage and sync
- Back up a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) drive
Continue reading this page to know more about Seagate Personal Cloud and backing up data on the drive using Seagate Personal Cloud Time Machine.
You can back up the important data from your computer to the drive safely and quickly. The backup process or method may vary based on your device type. The three different backup options available on the Seagate Personal Cloud drive are listed below:
- Using the Seagate Dashboard (Windows)
- Via Windows File History
- Using the Apple Time Machine
If you want to back up your Mac computer to the drive, use the Apple Time Machine. The following instructions explain the same.
Preparing the drive and your Mac computer for backup
- Connect your Seagate drive to the network device using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the drive into an AC outlet and turn it on.
- Configure the drive as per your preferences. (Contact us to get real-time technical assistance in setting up the Seagate Personal Cloud drive on your computer).
- Check whether your Mac computer meets the system requirements of the drive.
- Supported OS: macOS X v10.8 or later
- Web browser: Safari 5 or later
- Now, connect your Mac computer to the same network to which the drive is connected.
- Ensure that the computer recognizes your Seagate drive.
Backing up the data
- Open Time Machine on your Mac computer.
- Locate and click on the Seagate Personal Cloud drive.
- Select the folder or file that you want to back up.
- Click Use Disk.
- Type your drive credentials in the given fields if prompted.
- Click the Connect button.
- Complete the backup process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Contact us to know more about the Seagate Personal Cloud Time Machine and backing up data on the drive using Time Machine.