Seagate Toolkit For Windows
Seagate Toolkit, with its enhanced tools, can protect your data with automatic backups, manage security for your hard drive, import files from your memory cards. It is compatible with Windows 10 and the higher versions. If you want to know how to download and install Toolkit on your Windows computer, read this article completely.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL SEAGATE TOOLKIT
- From your default browser, visit the support page of Seagate Toolkit.
- Next, go to the Downloads segment and click on the Seagate Toolkit for Windows link.
- Now, it will start to download in the background.
- Once the download gets concluded, open the Windows Explorer window and go to the Downloads folder.
- Click on the setup file and install Toolkit on your computer by following the instructions.
- Double-click on the Toolkit icon. You can also add it to your Windows taskbar to access it quickly.
- Alternatively, you can also type Toolkit in the Windows search bar and select the appropriate option from the search results.
- When the main menu of Toolkit appears, you can access your hard drive according to your preference.
- If you want to know the details about your device, click on Drives and know your hard drive better.
- To set up and edit an activity, click Activities. In case you want to change settings or quit Toolkit, click More.
HOW TO MIRROR YOUR HARD DRIVE USING SEAGATE TOOLKIT
If you want to create a mirror folder on your PC, you can use the Mirror feature of Seagate Toolkit. To create a mirror plan, follow the instructions below.
- Open Seagate Toolkit and click Mirror> Mirror Now.
- Now, start adding the folders. Then, the Mirror folder will be added to your storage device. Later, you can also edit your mirror plan according to your requirement.
HOW TO SET UP A BACKUP USING TOOLKIT
- With a few clicks, you can back up your personal files.
- Open the Toolkit application and click Backup> Back Up Now.
- Now start backing up all your files. When you back up your data on a regular basis, it gives you greater flexibility to restore them.
HOW TO RESTORE FILES
- If you want to retrieve the files you have backed up, follow these instructions:
- Open the Toolkit application and click Restore.
- Now, select the backup plan you want to restore.
- When the Restore screen appears, select the version you want to restore and click Next.
- Now, the Tool starts restoring the files to their original locations. In case you want to restore files to a different destination, select the folder and click Restore.
In this manner, you should use Seagate Toolkit on your Windows computer. For further questions and clarifications, you can always reach our technical experts for Seagate Toolkit For Windows assistance.