QUICK STEPS: INSTALL TOSHIBA CANVIO ADVANCE 1TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USB 3.0
TOSHIBA CANVIO (1TB) EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
If you wish to install the Toshiba Canvio 1TB external hard drive, you need the following items.
- The Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0.
- USB Micro-B cable
The system requirements are:
- Windows 10/ Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
- A 3.0 or 2.0 USB port is a must
- Confirm that your computer is turned on.
- Remove the hard drive and the USB cable from the box and keep them near the computer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to the computer USB port.
- Wait for the hard drive LED to light up.
- The Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0 hardware installation is complete.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
- You can download the software for the Toshiba Canvio 1TB external hard drive from the official Toshiba support page.
- Open the browser.
- Type in the URL for the Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 support page and press the Enter button.
- Scroll down the support page; you will see the version of the software and the release date.
- Click the Download button in the Software section.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
The steps to partition the hard drive are simple. Make sure that the Toshiba Canvio 1TB external hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Select these options: System and Security -> Administrative Tools.
- Once the page opens, select the Disk Management option.
- Do a right-click on the free space of the connected Toshiba hard drive.
- Select the NewSimple Volume option.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the size you want for partitioning the hard drive and click the Next button.
- Allot a drive letter for identification and click the Next button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and click Finish.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- Open This PC on your computer.
- Locate the connected Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0.
- Do a right-click on the hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format pop-up window, click the Start button.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
There is only one way to recover data, and it's from third-party applications. Here, we have mentioned the steps to recover using Recoverit.
Open the Recoverit page on your browser. Click the Download|Win button (Windows). Make sure that the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the computer.
RECOVER USING RECOVERIT
- Open the downloaded software.
- Select External Devices Recovery.
- Click the Start button.
- The recovery process will show you the files recovered.
- Click the Recover button to recover the data you want.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
Sometimes, the hard drive faces some minor issues. One such issue is related to connection.
TOSHIBA CANVIO 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
- Ensure that your USB cable is connected properly to the hard drive and the computer.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace it as soon as possible.
- The problem can also be because of the USB port. Ensure that the port does not have any dust inside.
Here is one method that can solve the issue.
UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER DRIVER
- Make sure that the Toshiba Canvio 1TB hard drive is connected.
- Click the search bar on your desktop screen.
- Type Device Manager and press the Enter button.
- Select the Device Manager option and wait for it to open.
- Scroll down the window and click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Select the USB drive, do a right-click, and then click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically button for the updated driver software option.
This is all the information you should know about the Toshiba Canvio Advance 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0.