Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive Installation
Toshiba Canvio Advance 3TB is a portable external hard drive that can help you preserve your digital memories without much effort. It comes in four vibrant colors, and you can choose just as you like. With the Toshiba Storage Backup Software, you can easily back up your files, videos, documents or any kind of data to your Toshiba Canvio hard drive. With the Toshiba Storage Security Software, you can protect your hard drive from unauthorized access with password protection. Continue reading the upcoming sections to know everything related to the Toshiba Canvio Advanced 3TB External Hard Drive.
- Unpack the product kit and take out everything you received.
- Your package contains the Toshiba Canvio Advance hard drive, USB 3.0, Micro-B cable, and support document.
- Toshiba Canvio Advance is a bus-powered hard drive. So it doesn’t need any other power supply, and the computer itself will supply all the power it requires.
- Turn on your computer. Take out the USB cable and insert the Type-A connector into the USB port of your computer and micro-B connector to the drive’s port.
- Once you connect your computer and hard drive with the USB cable, the power indicator light starts to glow up, and you can see a new drive appearing in My Computer.
Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive Software Download
- On your computer, go to your default browser, and visit the official website of Toshiba Support Solutions.
- Click on the Downloads and Product Archive tab and select the Toshiba Canvio Advance drive. Click on the Software option and download the software compatible with your OS.
- Once the download is over, you should open the downloaded file and install the software by following the on-screen step-by-step instructions.
Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive Partitioning
- Go to the desktop screen, and right-click on the My Computer icon. Select the Manage option. The Computer Management window will be displayed. In the left panel, select the Disc Management option. Initialize Disc window will pop up. Click OK.
- After initializing the disc, you can find your newly installed drive as Unallocated in the Disc Management window.
- Right-click on the Unallocated drive and click Next in the New Simple Volume Wizard.
- Now, the Storage Specification window will be displayed. Specify the storage amount you would like to give to your new partition and then click Next.
- Assign a Drive letter or Path window will be displayed. Assign a letter for your new partition, and make sure you do not assign the same letter that is already there for a different drive. Click on the Finish button.
- Now, you have created a new partition. In the same manner, you can make other partitions for your different needs.
How to back up files using Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive?
- Download the Toshiba Storage Backup software and install it on your computer by following the onscreen instructions.
- Toshiba Storage Backup Software comes with a user-friendly interface and makes the backup process as easy as possible.
- With the backup software, you can quickly back up your files, videos, and documents without much effort.
- Choose the files or folders for which you would like to create backup and mention when the backup should happen in the time intervals. You can program the backup according to your preference. Toshiba Storage Backup Software takes care of the rest, and it will start to back up the files and folders in the time interval you specified.
Format Toshiba Canvio Advanced 3TB External Hard Drive
- On your desktop screen, right-click on My Computer and select Manage. You will be directed to the Disk Management window.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click on your Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive and click on Format.
- In the Format and Partition window, for the file system, select NTFS. Select the check box for Quick Format and click on the Start button.
- The formatting process takes a few minutes, and once it is over, you can recognize that your drive is formatted.
How to recover files using Toshiba Canvio Advanced 3TB External Hard Drive?
- You need a hard drive recovery tool to recover the files from your Toshiba Canvio Advance hard drive. You can download any trusted recovery tool from the website. A recovery tool can help you recover almost all types of files. You can recover your photos, videos, movies, music, and documents.
- Download the recovery tool on your computer and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your computer and Toshiba Canvio hard drive using the USB cable.
- Open the recovery app, select the drive to be recovered, and click on the Recover button.
- The recovery software starts to scan your hard drive. On completing the scan, it will show you the files it has recovered. Click on the Recover button to get them back into your hard drive.
Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive Troubleshooting
Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive Not Connected
- If you cannot connect your hard drive to the computer, make sure that you have correctly inserted the USB cable into your hard drive and the computer.
- Ensure that the USB ports of your computer and the USB cable are working fine.
- On your computer, click Start and search Troubleshoot. In the Troubleshooter computer window, go to the left pane and select View all. From the list of troubleshooting options, select Hardware and Devices and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- If the drive letter of your hard drive is the same as another existing hard drive of your computer, it will show up as unallocated. Change the drive letter for your Toshiba hard drive and check whether you can resolve your issue.
- Update the driver for your hard drive. Go to the Device Manager, right-click on your hard drive, and click on the Update Driver Software option. Click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Toshiba 3tb Hard Drive update process.