QUICK STEPS: INSTALL TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC 1TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
Toshiba Canvio Basics 1 TB portable is a USB-powered external hard drive, and you can use it with the USB-C cables. Toshiba Canvio Basics will be the best option to store your photo, documents, movies, and music. It is a compact and portable hard drive, so you can carry the hard drive in your pocket itself. You need not install any software to access this hard drive. Through the plug-and-play feature, you can drag and drop to and from your computer. It is engineered by USB 3.2 technology, which makes it possible for the speedy transfer of files.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
- Unpack the product box and take out the Toshiba Canvio Basics 1 TB portable external hard drive and its components.
- Your box contains the Toshiba Canvio Basics USB-C hard drive, a USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable, and a support document. The instruction manual is already loaded on your external hard drive’s memory. You can also check it out while installing the hard drive.
- Make sure your computer is powered on. Take out the provided USB cable and connect it to your computer and the hard drive.
- The plug-and-play feature on your hard drive makes it possible to access the drive at the moment you connect it to your computer. ;
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC 1TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
- You need not install any software on your computer to use this hard drive and there will be no requirement to update the software.
- In case you want to check out whether any updates are there for your drive, you can check for it ;on the official Toshiba website.
- When you update software, you can notice minor improvements. But it will not affect the efficiency of your drive. It is optional to update your software.
TOSHIBA CANVIO Basic 1TB Portable EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
Before you proceed with the steps to partition the Toshiba Canvio Basic 1TB Portable external hard drive, ensure the drive is connected to your computer. The steps are for Windows users only.
- Connect your Canvio Basics hard drive to your Windows computer.
- Go to the desktop screen and right-click on the ;This PC ;icon.
- Select Manage. A Computer Management window will appear.
- Select the ;Disc Management option; the ;Initialize Disc window will pop up. Your local disc management can access your newly installed device only when you start initializing the disc. Click ;OK
- After initializing the disc, you can find your newly installed drive as Unallocated in the Disc Management window.
- Right-click on the Unallocated drive. The New Simple Volume Wizard will appear. Click ;Next.
- In the Storage specification window, specify the amount of storage for your new partition. Click ;Next.
- The Assign a Drive letter or Path window will appear. ;Assign a letter for your new partition.
- Complete setting up the New Simple Volume Wizard by clicking on ;Finish.
- In the Format and Partition window, select NTFS as the File System.
- For the Allocation Unit Size, select Default. For the Volume label, give a name you want your drive to be referred to. Check the box for Perform a Quick Format. ;
- Now, you have created the new partition with your customized options.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- On your desktop screen, right-click on My Computer and select Manage. You will be directed to the Disc Management window.
- In the Disc Management window, right-click on your Toshiba Canvio Basics hard drive and click on Format. ;
- In the Format and Partition window, select NTFS for the file system followed by selecting the check box for Quick Format. Finally, click on ;Start.
- The format process can take few minutes, and when the formatting process gets completed, you can recognize your hard drive to be completely formatted. ;
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO Basic 1TB Portable EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
To recover the lost data from your Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB hard drive, you need data recovery software. There are many such software available. Here we have given the steps to recover data from your Toshiba Canvio Basics hard drive using Recoverit.
- Download and install the Recoverit software on your computer; connect your drive to the computer.
- Open the Recoverit software and select the recovery mode as External Devices Recovery.
- In the list of external hard drives, select your Toshiba Canvio hard drive and click on ;Start.
- Recoverit software starts to scan your hard drive. On completing the scan, it will show you the files it had recovered. To get those files back to your computer, click on the Recover button.
- If you are using a Mac and had already created a backup, ;you can restore them without much effort. On your Mac, go to the Time Machine. If you can locate any of the lost files, select the preferred destination for the files to be stored, and click on Restore.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB External Hard Drive Not Connected
- If you cannot connect your Toshiba hard drive to your computer, make sure you have correctly inserted the USB cable into your hard drive and the computer.
- Ensure the ports of your computer are working fine.
- If you cannot connect the hard drive into a specific port, insert it into another port, and check whether your hard drive is detected.
- If you still face issues while connecting the Toshiba Canvio Basics hard drive to your computer, you can contact us.