QUICK STEPS: INSTALL TOSHIBA 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
The Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive helps you to take a backup of all your important files such as documents, videos, audios, and pictures. This external hard drive is USB-powered that allows you to connect the drive to your computer using a single USB cable.
Now, let's see how to perform the Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive installation for the first time.
Initially, connect the drive to your computer using the USB cable provided. As soon as the drive is connected to the computer, its Power & Data LEDs will blink. Once both the LEDs become stable, the drive is ready to use. No extra software installation is required to access the drive.
Step 1: Connect the drive to your computer
- Get the USB 3.2 Gen 1 micro-B cable provided along with the drive.
- Now, connect the small end of the cable into the drive and the large end to your computer.
- Make sure to connect the cable securely.
Step 2: Accessing the drive
- Check whether the Power and Data lights on the drive's control panel are blinking.
- If yes, the drive is connected to the computer correctly, and it is ready to use.
- Open the drive and start moving your files to the drive.
Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
There is no software available for the Toshiba Canvio A2 2TB external hard drive. Simply connect the drive to your computer and use it.
Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive PARTITIONING
To create a new partition on your Toshiba Canvio A2 2TB external hard drive, follow the below instructions. (Note: The following instructions are suitable only for Windows OS).
- Initially, make sure that the Toshiba drive is connected securely to your computer.
- Now, open the Library window.
- Select and right-click on the My Computer option.
- Choose Disk Management -> 'your Toshiba drive.'
- Now, right-click on your drive and click on the Create New Partition option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to create the partition on your drive.
- Once the partition is created, the drive is ready to use.
Format Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive
If you wish to use the Toshiba Canvio external drive on your Mac computer, then you need to reformat it. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Disk Utility window by clicking its icon on the menu bar. You can also use the Search field available on the menu bar to open the Disk Utility window.
- Now, select your Toshiba hard drive.
- As soon as you select it, a list of menus will appear on the top of the screen.
- From the list of menus, click on the Erase menu.
- In the pop-up dialog box, type a name for your drive and select the Format and Scheme types from the drop-down menus.
- Click on the Erase button to continue the formatting process.
- Once the formatting is done, you'll receive a confirmation message on the screen.
To get remote assistance in formatting your Toshiba Canvio A2 2TB external hard drive for your Mac computer, follow the below instructions.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
The Toshiba external hard drive doesn't offer any data recovery services. However, you can use third-party software if you have lost or deleted any important files from the drive. If you have deleted your important files from your Mac or Windows computer, but you have already taken a backup of them on the drive, then you use it to restore the deleted files.
- Connect the Toshiba drive to your computer.
- Open the drive.
- Look for the deleted file.
- Select and copy the file that you wish to restore.
- Paste the selected file in the desired location on your computer.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A2 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
If you are encountering issues with your Toshiba 2tb External Hard Drive, then contact us to get remote assistance in resolving them. The troubleshooting instructions for the common drive problems are discussed below.
Issue 1: 'Device can't start'
If you see this error message on your computer, then first, check whether the drive is connected to your computer securely. Reconnect the drive to your computer if it is not connected securely.
Issue 2: 'Could not complete format'
When a user tries to format the drive with the FAT file system, this error message is displayed on the screen. To clear this error, format your drive with the NTFS file system.
TOSHIBA 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
- Initially, check the USB cable is connected securely at both ends.
- If not, unplug and reconnect the cable.
- Make sure that you're using the cable that is recommended by the drive manufacturer.
- Check if your OS type satisfies the system requirements of the drive.
- If not, connect the drive to the system that meets the requirement.
- Look for the missing drive in the Disk Management window. If the drive is available, then create a partition for it to clear this issue.