TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
If you wish to install the Toshiba Canvio Basics 1tb External Hard Drive, you need a compatible USB cable. Also you need to meet the system requirements that are given below.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7
- A 3.0 or 2.0 USB port is a must
Steps to use:
- Make sure your Windows computer is on.
- Select a USB port where you want to connect the Toshiba Canvio Basics 1tb External Hard Drive.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to the computer USB port.
- Wait for the LED to illuminate.
You can take a backup of files you want.
- Copy the file you want to back up.
- Open the drive, then do a right-click and select Paste.
- Your file will be saved.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
- You can download the software for the Toshiba Canvio A3 1TB external hard drive from the official Toshiba support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Toshiba Canvio support page URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Scroll down the support page to see the version of the software and the release date.
- Under the Software section, click Download.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
The steps to partition the hard drive is simple. Make sure the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 1TB External Hard Drive is connected to the computer.
- Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Select System and Security > Administrative Tools.
- Choose the Drive Management option.
- Do a right-click on the unallocated (free space) area of the connected Toshiba hard drive.
- Select the New Simple Volume option.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the partition size.
- Click the Next button.
- Allot a drive letter, identify the Toshiba Hard Drive, click the Next button.
- In the Format Partition box, if you want to format the volume with default settings, click the Next button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and click Finish.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- Open the This PC or My Computer folder on your computer.
- You will see the drives and the external drives on your computer.
- Locate the connected Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 1TB External Hard Drive.
- Do a right-click on the hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format pop-up window, click the Start button.
- The format will happen in under a minute.
- All your data will be wiped clean.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
There is only one way to recover data, and it’s from third-party applications. Here, we have mentioned the steps to recover using Recoverit.
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Visit the Recoverit page.
- Click the Download|Win button (Windows).
RECOVER USING RECOVERIT
- Open the Recoverit software.
- Make sure the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Select the External Devices Recovery option and click Start.
- The recovery process will show you the files recovered.
- Click the Recover button to recover the data you want.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
There are chances for you to face issues when you connect the Toshiba Canvio A3 1TB hard drive to your computer. One common issue the user faces is regarding the connection. Here are the steps to troubleshoot the problem easily.
TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
- Make sure the USB cable is connected properly to the hard drive and the computer.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace the cable as soon as possible.
- Try to connect the hard drive to a different USB port or even to a different computer to see if it’s detected.
- Ensure that the USB port does not have any dust inside.
- The problem can also be because of the USB port. Ensure the port does not have any dust inside.
Here is one method that can solve the issue. Make sure the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 1TB External Hard Drive is connected.
UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER DRIVER
- Click the search bar on the desktop screen.
- Type Device Manager and press the Enter button.
- Select the Device Manager option and wait for it to open.
- Scroll down Device Manager; click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Select the USB drive, do a right-click, and click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically button for the updated driver software option.
This is all you need to know about the Toshiba Canvio Basics 1tb External Hard Drive.