TOSHIBA CANVIO BASIC A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
If you wish to install the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 2TB External Hard Drive, you need the following items.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7
- A 3.0 or 2.0 USB port
- A compatible USB cable
How to use:
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Select a USB port where you want to connect the Toshiba external hard drive.
- Connect the suitable end of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to the computer.
- Wait for the hard drive power LED to lit up.
- You can easily have a backup of files using this drive.
- Copy the files to your Toshiba Hard Drive.
- Open the drive, do a right-click, and then select Paste.
- Your files will be saved.
TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
You can download the software for the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 2TB External Hard Drive from the official Toshiba support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Toshiba Canvio support page URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Scroll down the support page to see the version of the software and the release date.
- Navigate to the Software section.
- Click Download.
The software for the Toshiba hard drive will be downloaded immediately.
TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
Initially, you need to make sure that the Toshiba Canvio A3 2TB external hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Select the System and Security option & click Administrative Tools.
- Choose the Drive Management option.
- Do a right-click on the unallocated (free space) area for the Toshiba hard drive.
- Select the New Simple Volume option.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the size of the partition and click Next.
- Allot a drive letter and click the Next button.
- If you want to format the volume with default settings in the Format Partition box, click the Next button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and click Finish.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- Based on the version of Windows OS you are using, open either This PC or My Computer.
- You will see the drives and the external drives on your computer.
- Locate the connected Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 2TB External Hard Drive.
- Do a right-click on the hard drive and select Format.
- In the Format pop-up window, click the Start button.
- The format process will take less than a minute to complete.
- All your data will be wiped clean.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
There is only one way to recover data, and it’s using third-party applications. Here, we have mentioned the steps to recover using Recoverit.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD RECOVERIT
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Visit the official Recoverit page.
- When the Recoverit page opens, locate and click the Download|Win button (Windows).
- Install the file on your computer.
RECOVER FILES USING THE RECOVERIT SOFTWARE
- Launch the Recoverit recovery software.
- Make sure that the hard drive is connected to the computer.
- Select the External Devices Recovery option and click Start.
- The recovery process will show you the files recovered.
- Click the Recover button to recover the data you want.
- Chose a folder where you want to save the selected files.
TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
When it comes to hard drives, you might feel like it works fine at first. But throughout usage, you might encounter some issues. These issues are quite common with external hard drives. One such issue we have mentioned in this article is the Toshiba Canvio A3 2TB external hard drive not connecting.
TOSHIBA CANVIO A3 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
Here are some steps to look at before you proceed with the methods mentioned below.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected firmly to the hard drive and the computer.
- Connect the hard drive to a different USB port or even to a different computer to see if it’s detected.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace it as soon as possible.
- Ensure that there is no dust or disturbance inside the USB port of the computer.
Here are different methods that can solve the connection issue. Make sure the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 2TB External Hard Driveis connected. Work on the following two methods to resolve the issue.
FIX 1: UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER DRIVER
- Click the search bar on the desktop screen.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Select the Device Manager option from the list.
- Scroll down the Device Manager window; click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Select the USB drive, do a right-click, and click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically button for the updated driver software option.
FIX 2: CHANGE THE LETTER AND PATH OF THE DRIVE
- Open the Run command (Windows + R).
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the Open field, then press the Enter button.
- Right-click on the hard drive and select the Change Drive Letter and Paths option.
- Click the Change button.
- Select Assign the following drive letter option.
- From the Letter drop-down list, select a drive letter for your external hard drive.
- Click the OK button.
- Save changes and restart the computer.
Now try to see if the Toshiba Canvio hard drive can be recognized on your computer.
These are the necessary information you need to know about the Toshiba Canvio Basic A3 2TB External Hard Drive.