TOSHIBA CANVIO BASICS 2TB HARD DRIVE
Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB is a portable external hard drive with smart storage solution. This hard drive comes with an NTFS driver for Mac and so you can use the drive on both Windows and Mac computers. In addition, the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port delivers a higher data transfer rate. For detailed instructions about the hard drive setup, go through the steps given on this page.
TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
Follow the quick steps given below to know about the Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB hard drive installation on a Windows computer.
- To begin with, unpack your Toshiba hard drive and connect it to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- Wait for the hard drive power indicator to illuminate.
- Open My Computer by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Check if the drive has been mounted.
- If necessary, disconnect and reconnect the drive to your computer.
- Once the drive is detected, you can use it as your personal storage device.
TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
The Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB hard drive comes with an Auto-backup software and driver. If you cannot install the driver from the drive, follow these steps to download it from the official Toshiba site.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Toshiba site.
- Search for your Toshiba hard drive and click the Downloads tab.
- Under Drivers, select your Toshiba hard drive model from the drop-down menu and click Search.
- Select the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download icon.
- Save the driver to your computer and wait for the download to get completed.
TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
- Ensure that your Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB hard drive is connected to your Windows computer.
- Give a right-click on the Start menu and select the Disk Management option. Doing so will open Disk Management.
- If the Disk Management tool shows the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the GPT (GUID Partition Table) option and click OK.
- Locate your hard drive and give a right-click on it.
- Select the New Simple Volume option and click Next in the wizard that appears.
- Specify the volume of the partition you wish to add to your hard drive and click Next.
- Assign a new drive letter and click OK.
- On the Format Partition screen, select the Do not format this volume option and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete partitioning your hard drive.
- Start by connecting the hard drive to your Mac.
- Click the Disk Utility icon at the dock to open Disk Utility.
- Alternatively, open the Applications folder from the Finder menu and select Utilities –> Disk Utility.
- Choose your Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB hard drive from the left-side panel.
- Click the Partition icon at the top and select Add Partition.
- Type the name of the volume in the Name field.
- Choose the file format and click Apply.
- Click Done after partitioning your external hard drive.
HOW TO BACK UP FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE?
Performing the full system backup on Windows:
- Verify if the Toshiba external hard drive is connected to your computer.
- Click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the desktop and select All Programs –> System Tools.
- Alternatively, click the Start menu and type ‘control’ in the search field. Then, hit the Enter key and click to open Control Panel from the search result.
- Under System and Security, click on Backup or Backup and Restore.
- Click Next and select the Backup files and settings option.
- Select the All files and settings option and choose your external hard drive as the backup location.
- Name your backup and click Finish to back up your data.
Backup using Time Machine on Mac:
- First, connect your Toshiba hard drive to your Mac.
- Next, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner of the desktop.
- Select the System Preferences option and click the Time Machine icon.
- Toggle on the Time Machine button on the left-side panel.
- Select the Show Time Machine in menu bar checkbox.
- Click on Add or Remove Backup Disk.
- Choose your hard drive partition from the list and click the Use Disk button.
- After a few minutes, click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar and select Back Up Now.
- Wait until the backup process is completed.
- You will get a notification once the backup is complete.
- In case you cannot use Time Machine for backup, use the Auto-backup software.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE
If you wish to reformat the Toshiba Canvio Connect II drive on your computer, follow these steps.
- Connect your Toshiba hard drive to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer, give a right-click on the drive, and select the Format option.
- Choose the required format from the File system drop-down menu.
- Select the Quick Format checkbox and click the Start button.
- Wait until your drive is reformatted.
- Once you have connected the hard drive to your Mac, click to open Finder from the Dock panel.
- Click the Go menu and select Utilities from the drop-down list. Doing so will open Disk Utility.
- Navigate to the left-side panel of the Disk Utility window.
- Choose your external hard drive below External.
- Click the Erase icon at the top and give your drive a name.
- Choose your file system from the Format drop-down menu.
- If necessary, select a scheme for your drive.
- Click the Erase button to reformat your drive.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE?
Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility is available on the hard drive along with the system files used for recovery. You can use HDD Recovery Utility instead of using the Toshiba recovery CD. Using the utility, you can create a hard drive recovery CD, restore your disk drive to the original factory default state, and reinstall drivers and applications bundled with your computer. If you don’t have a backup and cannot recover the lost data, go with a standard data recovery tool. There are several third-party data recovery tools available on the Internet. To know how to recover the lost data on your Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb hard drive using a data recovery tool, follow these steps.
- To begin with, download and save the data recovery tool to your computer.
- Launch the data recovery software and choose your Toshiba drive from the displayed list.
- Select the file type you wish to recover and click the Scan button to scan your drive. The scan duration depends upon the file size you have on your hard drive.
- After completing the scan, select the items you wish to recover.
- Click on Recover and specify a location on your computer to save the files.
- Wait until the data recovery is completed.
- Go to the specified location and check the files you have recovered.
TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Toshiba Canvio Connect II 2TB hard drive not working as expected? How about troubleshooting the drive? Most hard drive users may find it hard to troubleshoot their hard drive. But we will guide you on how to identify the issue and execute the correct troubleshooting steps. With our best solutions, you can quickly bring your Toshiba drive back to normal. In case you are stuck while troubleshooting your hard drive, contact us for assistance.
TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 2TB HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
If your Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb hard drive is not connected to your computer, follow these steps to make it recognized.
Solution 1: Basic troubleshooting
- First, check the USB cable connecting the hard drive to your computer. Ensure that the USB cable is connected firmly at both end ports.
- You can also try connecting the USB cable of the drive to a different USB port on your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer and check if your drive is connected. If the problem persists, continue with the other solution.
Solution 2: Change the drive letter
- Give a right-click on the My Computer shortcut icon on the desktop and select Manage.
- Wait until the Disk Management window appears.
- Right-click your drive and select the Change Drive Letter and Paths option.
- Click Add and choose a new drive letter from the drop-down menu.
- Click Change and check if your computer has recognized the hard drive.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the USB drive controller or reformat the drive.
Solution 1: Change the Finder settings
- Open Finder and go to Preferences.
- In the Finder Preferences window, click the General tab.
- Select all the checkboxes below Show these items on the desktop.
- This will show up your Toshiba Canvio Basics 2tb hard drive on your Mac.
Solution 2: Run First Aid
- First, click the Spotlight Search icon at the top-right corner of the desktop.
- Type ‘disk utility’ in the search field.
- Click to open Disk Utility from the search result.
- Select your external hard drive from the left-side panel and click the First Aid icon at the top.
- Click the Run button to start running diagnostics.
- Wait for First Aid to automatically detect and repair the issues on your hard drive.