TOSHIBA CANVIO CONNECT II 3TB HARD DRIVE Setup
The Toshiba Canvio Connect II hard drive will be the best option for all your storage needs. It is a USB-powered hard drive that can help you preserve your memories. Since Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive is a USB bus-powered hard drive, you need not connect any external power supply to it. The computer itself will supply all the power it needs.
Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive Installation
- Power on your computer, and when the booting gets completed, get ready to connect the drive to it.
- Take out the USB cable given along with your hard drive and connect one end of the cable (micro-B connector) to the drive and the other end (standard A connector) to the computer’s USB port.
- Once you have connected the drive and computer successfully, the drive starts to power up and it will also begin to light up.
- Now, the Toshiba Canvio Connect II hard drive starts to show up as an external hard drive on your computer. Click on the hard drive’s icon to access it.
Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive Software Download
- On your default browser, go to the Toshiba storage solutions website.
- Just below the search field, locate the External column and click Portable. Now, you will be directed to the Products page, where you can find all of Toshiba’s portable external hard drives.
- Click Canvio Advance. On the Canvio Advance page, scroll down to the bottom and select Downloads & Product Archive under Support.
- Now, click on the Software option for your hard drive. A list of software for your hard drive will be displayed. Download the preferred software.
Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive Partitioning
- On the desktop screen, right-click on the My Computer icon and select Manage from the drop-down menu. On the Computer Management screen, click on the Disk Management option. In the Initialize disk window, click OK.
- Once you initialize the disk, you can locate the newly installed drive as Unallocated in the Disk Management window.
- Next, right-click on the unallocated drive. Now, the New Simple Volume Wizard window will be displayed. Click on the Next button.
- A storage specification window will be displayed. Specify the size of storage you would like to allocate to your new partition and click Next.
- Complete the hard drive partitioning by clicking on the Finish button.
How to back up files using Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive?
- Toshiba Canvio Connect II comes with a backup software, which has a user-friendly interface; thus, you can quickly back up your data without much effort.
- You need to open the backup software and choose your preferred settings. Next, you have to select the files or folders that you would like to back up. Finally, you need to specify when you want the backup to happen.
- The backup software takes the responsibility and starts to back up your files and folders just as you assigned.
Format Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive
- On the desktop screen, right-click on My Computer and then select the Manage option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click on your Toshiba Canvio hard drive and click on Format.
- The Format and Partition window will be displayed. For the file system, choose NTFS and select the checkbox for Quick Format. Next, click on Start to format your hard drive.
- The formatting process will take a few minutes to finish. Once it gets completed, you will be intimated by a pop-up message.
How to recover files using Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive?
- You need a recovery tool to recover the lost files from your Toshiba Canvio Connect II hard drive. It is up to you to choose the recovery tool. You can select any of the recovery tools from any reputed brand. All the recovery tools recover the files almost in a similar pattern.
- You can recover your documents, photos, files, videos, or any other data you have stored on your hard drive. Now, we will be using a third-party software for recovering your files.
- Launch the Recoverit software on your computer and connect your computer to the hard drive using a USB cable.
- Open the Recoverit software and choose the recovery mode as External Devices Recovery.
- From the list of external hard drives, select Toshiba Canvio Connect II and click on Start.
- Now, the recovery tool starts the scanning process.
- Select the files you want to recover. You can also select all the files and click on the Recover button.
- Now, you can see all the lost files on your Toshiba Canvio Connect II hard drive.
Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB Hard Drive Not Connected
- If you cannot connect your hard drive to the computer, the problem might be with the USB cable, the USB port on your computer, or the Toshiba Canvio hard drive.
- Check the connection of the USB cable. If it is not firm, press it gently into the port and check whether you can locate your hard drive on your computer.
- Check if the USB cable of your computer is working fine. Plug it into another device and check whether it is working. If it is not working, you need to replace your USB cable. But if it is working on a different device, go to the next step.
- Check the USB port of your computer. See whether you can fix the issue by connecting the USB cable to a different port. If it is working, the problem is with the USB port you have been using. If it is not working, the problem might be with the Toshiba Canvio Connect II hard drive.