TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION
Are you looking for a storage device that allows you to store and access all your data in one place? Here you have the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB External Hard Drive. This is a portable hard drive that uses USB 3.2 Generation 1 technology for fast data transfer. It comes with a ramp load design and is available in different storage capacities.
TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB HARD DRIVE SETUP
- Initially, check whether the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB portable Hard Drive, USB 3.0 Micro-B cable, and support document related to the drive are provided along with the product box.
- Make sure the computer on which you wish to install the drive is turned on.
- Now, get the USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable for your drive.
- Plug the drive into your computer using the USB cable.
- Make sure that the drive is connected securely to the computer.
- Now, your computer will try to detect the connected drive, and it might take some seconds or minutes to complete.
- Once the drive is detected by your computer, you can see the drive’s Power/Date light illuminate.
- Open the My Computer or Devices window on your computer.
- Check if your drive name is listed under the External section.
- If yes, the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB External Hard Drive Installation is done successfully.
TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
No special software is required to use this hard drive on your computer. Simply connect the drive to your computer. Once the drive is detected by the computer, it is ready to use.
TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
Creating a partition on the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB hard drive (Mac)
- Initially, make sure that your Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB Hard Drive is connected to your Mac computer.
- Now, open the Disk Utility application.
- Under the External section, check whether your Canvio drive is listed.
- If yes, select it, and continue the below instructions to complete the partition process. Otherwise, unplug and reconnect the drive to your computer.
- Now, at the top of the window, you can find five options, namely First Aid, Partition, Erase, Restore, and Mount.
- Click on the Partition option.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Partition device “Toshiba…” will appear on the screen.
- Make sure that your drive information is displayed correctly under the Device Information section.
- Now, under the Partition Information section, type the Partition name of your desire in the Name field, and select the Format and Partition size from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- After creating a partition of your desire, click on the Apply button.
HOW TO BACK UP FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
The following instructions explain how to back up files using the Toshiba portable hard drive.
- Initially, make sure that your drive is installed on the computer.
- Now, create a folder on your computer—for example, Backup.
- Select the files you wish to back up and move them to the Backup folder.
- After storing all the files in the created folder, copy and paste them on your Toshiba drive.
- Make sure that the folder is saved on your drive.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
Formatting the Toshiba drive for Mac
- On the Disk Utility screen, select the Toshiba drive listed under the External section.
- Click on the Erase button.
- In the pop-up dialog box that opens, type the desired name in the Name field.
- Similarly, select the Format and Scheme from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Click on the Erase button.
- Now, the format process will be initiated.
- Once it is done, you’ll see a confirmation message; click on the Done button to close the opened dialog box.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
Recovering data using the Toshiba drive
- If you’ve already taken a backup of your files, then you can recover them easily.
- Connect the drive to your computer.
- Open the drive and look for the file that you need.
- After locating the file that you wish to backup, select and copy it.
- On your computer, create or select a folder to save the selected file.
- Once the file is moved to the folder on your computer, you can access it.
Recovering data from Toshiba Hard Drive
- If you have deleted the backup file stored on your Toshiba drive, then you can use third-party data recovery services recommended by the drive manufacturer.
- Ontrack and Drivesavers are the two data recovery service providers recommended by Toshiba. Before using any of these services, take some time to read the disclaimer of the manufacturer.
TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
The troubleshooting instructions given below explains how to fix the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB External Hard Drive if it is not connected to your computer. Contact us if you need remote assistance in resolving the same or any other drive issue.
TOSHIBA CANVIO READY 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
- Initially, check the connectivity status between the Toshiba drive and your computer.
- Be sure that the USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable is connected securely at both ends.
- Check whether your Mac or Windows computer meets the system requirements of the drive.
- If not, connect your drive to the computer that meets the requirements.
- Make sure that you’re not using a damaged cable.
- Try to connect the drive to a different USB on your computer.
- Restart the computer and then reconnect the Toshiba Canvio Ready 2TB External Hard Drive to it.