TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE USB 3.0 INSTALLATION
The Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0 is designed for high-end PCs. The SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1 cable and the Toshiba Storage Security software helps you to transfer and store your data quickly and securely. The drive also comes with backup software that helps you to recover your data in case of data loss. The Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB external hard drive installation is quite simple, easy to perform, and the following instructions explain the same.
- Initially, make sure that the USB 3.0 Micro-B cable and support document are provided along with the Toshiba drive.
- Similarly, check if your Windows or Mac computer meets the system requirements of the drive.
- If yes, continue with the installation procedure given below.
- Unpack your Toshiba drive.
- Now, get the USB 3.2 Gen 1 micro-B cable.
- Turn on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Now, connect the USB Type-A connector of the USB 3.2 Gen 1 micro-B cable to your computer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your drive.
- Wait for the drive to turn on and its Power/Data light to blink.
- For Windows: Now, the connected drive will be displayed in the My Computer window.
- Open the drive and use it as per your desire.
- For Mac: To use the connected Toshiba drive on your Mac computer, you need to format it. Scroll down this page to know how to partition the drive.
- Once the partition is done, the drive is ready to use on your computer.
TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
- Go to the Toshiba hard drive’s official support page.
- Choose your drive from the product list.
- Now, navigate to your product’s support page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- From the list, select Software followed by the drive software that you need.
TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE PARTITIONING
The following instructions are suitable only for the Mac OS.
- Initially, make sure that you have connected the Toshiba drive to your computer.
- Now, open the Disk Utility window.
- Select the drive by clicking its icon on the left-hand side.
- Now, a list of options, namely First Aid, Partition, Erase, Restore, and Unmount will be displayed on the top of the screen. Click on the Partition option.
- A pop-up dialog box titled Partition device “XXXXX”? will appear on the screen. (Note: XXXXX is your drive name).
- From the Format drop-down menu, choose the desired format option.
- Now, click on the Plus icon available below the Partition control section.
- If you wish to add two or more partitions on the drive, click the Plus icon based on your need.
- Make sure to type the Partition name correctly in the given fields.
- Finally, click the Apply button.
HOW TO BACK UP FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
The Toshiba Canvio Slim external hard drive comes with an automatic backup solution called Toshiba Storage Backup. This software is included along with the drive. Now, in case you have lost any important file on your computer, but you have already taken a backup of it on the drive, then you can use the drive’s backup software to recover it. To back up your important files using the Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB external hard drive, follow the below instructions.
- Connect the drive to your computer.
- Now, select the file or folders that you wish to back up.
- Set the time settings and intervals to perform the backup.
- Once you have configured them, the software will perform the backup automatically.
FORMAT TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
To use the Toshiba Canvio drive on your Mac computer, you need to format it. The following instructions explain how to format the drive.
- Connect the Toshiba drive to your computer.
- Open the Disk Utility window on your computer and check whether the drive is displayed.
- If yes, select it and continue the below instructions.
- Otherwise, reconnect the drive properly for your Mac computer to recognize it.
- After selecting the drive successfully, click on the Erase option available on the top of the screen.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Erase “XXXXX”? will appear.
- Type the desired name for your drive in the Name field.
- From the Format and Scheme drop-down menus, choose the required options and click on the OK button.
- If prompted, type your Mac computer password.
- Once your drive is formatted, it is ready to be used on the Mac computer.
HOW TO RECOVER FILES USING TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
You can recover your files using the Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0 if you have already taken a backup.
- Make sure that your drive is connected to the computer.
- Now, open the drive folder and look for the file that you want to recover.
- Select the file and click the Move or Copy option.
- Now, go to the folder or location in which you want to store the file.
- Right-click on the blank area of the folder or location and click Paste.
- You can also use a third-party recovery application to recover the files and folders that have been deleted from your Toshiba Hard Drive.
TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TROUBLESHOOTING
If you encounter an issue with your Toshiba Canvio hard drive, then you need to check the cable used to connect the drive to your computer. Also, you need to have a look at the port to which the drive is connected. Still, if you are facing issues, contact us for assistance and we’ll help you access your Toshiba Canvio Slim hard drive.
TOSHIBA CANVIO SLIM 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT CONNECTED
If your Windows or Mac computer fails to recognize the connected Toshiba Canvio Slim drive, then try the following troubleshooting instructions to resolve it.
- Initially, make sure that the drive is connected to your computer securely.
- Check whether your computer OS meets the system requirements of the drive.
- Update your computer OS if available.
- Restart the computer.
- Make sure that Toshiba Canvio Slim 1TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0 has enough power supply.