HOW TO CONNECT EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE TO PS3?
One of the famous home video gaming consoles, “Play Station,” designed by Sony, allows you to play your favorite games on your computer or smart TV. It is easy to set up and use. The best thing about the latest version of the Play Station, i.e., Play Station 3 console, is that it supports an external hard drive.
YES! You can connect your gaming console to the external hard drive to expand its storage capacity. The below section will guide you in adding the Toshiba external hard drive to your PS3.
Toshiba MQ01ABD100V 2.5-inch 1 TN hard drive is compatible with the PS3 console.
Initially, you have to check whether the drive is formatted correctly. If not, you have to format it correctly. After doing it, you can connect the drive directly to PS3.
HOW TO CONNECT EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE TO PS3
Step 1: Formatting the hard drive
- Connect your Toshiba hard drive to the Windows computer.
- Open the My Computer or This PC screen.
- Under the Devices and drives section, select and right-click on the Toshiba external hard drive.
- Click the Properties option.
- Now, the Properties dialog box of your hard drive will open.
- Go to the General tab.
- Now, check the file system of your drive.
- If it is other than “FAT32,” you need to reformat the drive.
- To do so, close the Properties dialog box.
- Select and right-click on your drive again.
- This time, select the Format option.
- Now, from the File System drop-down menu, select the FAT32 (Default) option.
- Click Start > OK.
- Format the drive by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Connect your Toshiba hard drive to the Mac computer using the USB cable.
- Now, click on the Finder icon.
- Go to the Devices section.
- Select and right-click on your HDD.
- Click the GET INFO option.
- Check the format value under the General section.
- Under the External section, select your drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- Now, the pop-up dialog box titled “Erase “FLASH DRIVE?” will open.
- Type the drive name in the Name field.
- Select the MS-DOS (FAT32) option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Click Erase and follow the on-screen instructions.
After formatting your Toshiba HDD successfully, connect it to the PS3 console as discussed below.
Step 2: HOW TO CONNECT EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE TO PS3
- Connect the Toshiba HDD directly to your PS3 console using the USB cable.
- Turn on your console if it is turned off.
- Go to the console’s Settings screen.
- Select System Settings > Backup Utility > Back-Up > Yes > USB Device.
- Locate and select the connected HDD.
Click the Call button provided on this page to know more about how to connect external harddrive to ps3.