Toshiba Hard Drive Installation Windows
The Toshiba hard drive is one of the best portable storage devices to save all your digital memories in one place. You can connect the hard drive to your computer using a USB cable. Continue to read the following section to know how to install Toshiba Hard Drive on Windows.
Connect one end of the USB cable to the hard drive and the other end to your Windows computer.
- When the connection is correct, you will see a message in the corner of your computer screen stating that the Toshiba hard drive is installed.
- As the Toshiba hard drive features plug-and-play connectivity, you can access the hard drive without installing any specific driver.
- If you are going to use the hard drive on your Windows computer alone, you don't need to format it. However, if you want to install toshiba hard drive on Windows and Mac computers, you need to format the hard drive with a specific file system.
- Usually, the Toshiba hard drives come pre-formatted with the NTFS file system. The NTFS file system works on Windows computer, whereas the HFS file system is compatible with the Mac computer only. So, if you would like to use the hard drive on both your Windows and Mac, you need to format the hard drive with the exFAT or FAT32 file system. FAT32 is ideal for hard drives with storage below 32 GB, and the exFAT file system is perfect for hard drives that exceed 32 GB.
- On your computer, go to the desktop screen, right-click on This PC icon, and select Manage from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the Disk Management option from the left pane.
- On the Disk Management screen, right-click on your Toshiba hard drive, and choose New Simple Volume from the drop-down menu.
- In the New simple volume wizard, choose the volume size, and assign a drive letter for your hard drive.
- In the Format & Partition window, choose the file system as exFAT. Then, check the box next to the Perform a quick format option and click Next followed by the Finish button.
- Within a few seconds, Windows will format the Toshiba hard drive with the exFAT file system. From now on, you can use Toshiba Hard Drive Installation Windows and Mac computers.