Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Mac
Are you worried that your Toshiba hard drive is not shown up on your Mac? Don’t worry. There may be technical issues that make your device not recognized on your Mac. Let us see how to fix the issue of the Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Mac issue.
Check your power connection
Make sure that the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the Mac using its USB cable and check whether the LED light on the external hard drive is turned on. If not, connect the drive to another Mac and ensure there is no fault with the Toshiba hard drive.
Check the USB cable or port
Ensure that the USB cable or USB port of the Mac or external hard drive is not damaged. Using a defective USB cable or port will result in the drive not being recognized on your Mac. So disconnect the USB cable from the USB port and try connecting the device using another USB cable to fix Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Mac issue.
Check the Settings
- Click Finder on the Menu bar and go to Preference.
- Select the General tab from the top and make sure that the External disks check box is selected.
- After selecting, choose the Sidebar tab on the top and check whether the External disks check box is selected.
- Now, restart the device and make sure that the Toshiba hard drive is recognized on your Mac.
Re-format the Toshiba external hard drive
- Connect the Toshiba hard drive to your Mac and open the Disk utility.
- Select the Toshiba external hard drive on the sidebar of the Disk utility page and click on the Erase option from the top of the page.
- Provide the Name and Format type as per your desire and click Erase.
- Wait until the format process is completed and restart the device.
- Now, make sure that the Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Mac error is fixed .