[Fixed] Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows
The Toshiba portable external hard drive helps you to store all your media files. The device is compact and fits in your palm, which saves your time and makes your work easier. Though it has many admirable features, sometimes the users are not able to access the drive on a computer. It is due to some technical issues and can be sorted out quickly.
So, what are the methods you need to follow if your Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows?
Restart the device
- Make sure that the Toshiba hard drive is connected to the Windows device.
- Check whether the LED light on the device turns on.
- If the hard drive light doesn’t turn on, restart your computer and reconnect the drive to it.
Change the USB cable or portable
- If the Toshiba hard drive is not showing on your Windows computer, there may be other reasons like using a defective USB cable.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the USB port of the Windows device and try to connect it to another port.
- If the problem persists, try connecting using another USB cable and ensure that the Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows problem gets fixed.
Run An Antivirus Program
There may be issues that revolve around the Windows device too. If the PC is corrupted by viruses or malware, there is a chance for the Windows device not detecting your Toshiba hard drive. Run an antivirus program and make sure that Windows detects the Toshiba hard drive.
- Close all the programs running in the background.
- Open the Antivirus program on your Windows computer and perform a full scan.
- Wait until the scanning process gets completed.
- Select all the detected viruses or malware listed.
- Remove all the listed viruses and restart the device.
- Now make sure that the Windows device detects your Toshiba hard drive.
Format the hard drive
If the above methods didn’t work, format the hard drive, which helps Windows detect the drive.
- Click Start and right-click on the Computer icon.
- Select the Manage option and choose the Disk management option from the left side of the page.
- Make sure that the Toshiba hard drive is listed on the page.
- Right-click on the drive icon and click Format.
- Provide the required details and choose the Format as NTFS.
- Select the Perform a Quick format check box and click OK.
- Wait until the format process is completed, and ensure that the Toshiba Hard Drive Not Showing Up Windows issue is now fixed.