Toshiba Hard Drive Recovery
We know how much it irritates when you lose the data from your hard drive. We can understand how you feel when you accidentally lose important files you might have. But we would say not to worry. We’re here to help you recover the lost data from your Toshiba hard drive.
Toshiba hard drive is an external hard disk that enables you to store and transfer many files. Though it delivers the best user experience, it is wise to back up the files stored in your hard drive. If the files are destroyed completely by formatting the drive, it is quite impossible to recover the files.
Let us see some of the ways to recover the data from your Toshiba hard drive.
Recover from Recycle Bin
Recovering from Recycle Bin is not the ultimate method to recover the lost data. If you have deleted the files without your knowledge, there is a chance that they are stored in the Recycle Bin. So, before performing the below-provided methods, try checking whether your Recycle Bin has the files you are looking for.
- Open your Windows computer.
- If the Recycle Bin icon is on the desktop, double-click the icon to open it.
- Once opened, search for the files you lost from your drive.
- After finding a file, right-click on it.
- Choose the Restore option to recover the file.
- Make sure that you have your files restored.
Recover using Command Prompt
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in cmd and press Enter.
- Your desktop will pop up the Command Prompt window.
- Type in chkdsk X: /f and press the Enter key.
- Make sure that you replace the term X with your external drive letter.
- This command will examine the external hard drive.
- Once the process gets completed, type your external hard drive letter again and press Enter.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press Enter.
- Wait until this command helps recover the data.
Recover using Toshiba Hard Drive Recovery utility
Recovering using this utility is one of the most effective methods to recover the lost files. If any of the above methods does not recover the lost files, follow this method. Some Toshiba hard drives come with the recovery utility along with the device. You can use that Toshiba hard drive utility to recover the files.
If the hard disk does not come with the utility, go to the official web page of Toshiba. They have provided verified service utility for data recovery. Download the data recovery utility and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once installed, open the utility tool.
- Select your external hard drive from where you want to recover the files.
- Click on the Scan option.
- Wait until the scanning process gets completed.
- Once completed, make sure that you can see the files that you lost.
- Choose the files from the list and click Recover.
- Make sure that recovery using the Toshiba hard drive recovery utility is completed successfully.