WD EASYSTORE 2TB NOT WORKING
Backing up your data is as crucial as saving your data. That’s why popular brands like WD keep manufacturing external hard drives based on user requirements. All the famous brands keep updating their technology to satisfy users. Sometimes, these hard drives may cause some problems to users. Every user will panic when they face issues with their hard drive because an external hard drive is all about data.So, to help users, we are here to provide solutions to one common problem that almost every user faces – hard drive not working/recognized. To be particular about the drive, we choose to fix the “WD easystore 2TB not working” issue.
First, you have to understand what could be the possible cause of the WD external hard drive not working issue. We have listed a few causes:
- Damaged hard drive
- File system corruption
- Error in hard drive partition
- Your computer may be unable to allocate a letter to the hard drive
- Insufficient power supply to the drive
- Corrupted hard drive driver
- Outdated hard drive driver
- Faulty USB port or cables
So, the above are some common causes that would have affected your hard drive. Most of them can be fixed easily. We will see how to fix the “WD easystore 2TB not working” issue.
FIXING THE POWER ISSUE
- Click Start on your Windows computer.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the search box.
- Press Enter.
- Go to the Device Manager menu.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
- Right-click the USB Root Hub.
- Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Make sure that the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power option is unchecked.
- Reboot your computer.
- Connect your WD easystore drive to the PC and check if the drive is working fine.
PARTITIONING YOUR WD DRIVE
- Press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the search field.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the Unallocated section.
- Click the New Simple Volume… option.
- Follow the instructions on the wizard to complete the partitioning.
- Restart your Windows computer and check if the issue has been resolved.
CHANGE DRIVE LETTER AND PATH
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the text field.
- Select OK.
- Find your WD easystore drive and right-click on it.
- Pick Change Drive Letter and Paths… from the pop-up.
- Select the Change option.
- Click the drop-down menu and choose a letter from the list.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer and see if it can recognize your WD easystore hard drive.
We hope the above solutions assist you in fixing the “WD easystore 2TB not working” issue. If you can’t fix it by yourself and need any assistance, call us right away.