Wd Easystore Not Recognized By Mac
Like other external hard drives, users say that Wd Easystore Not Recognized By Mac device they use. It is one of the most common issues users face with any external hard drive. So, this being a common issue, we are here to address it.
Before we look into the solutions, you should make sure of the followings things:
- Try connecting your drive directly to your Mac without using any USB hub.
- Try using a different port and also a different cable.
- Connect your drive to a different computer to check if it works properly.
- Also, try to connect with a Windows computer to know if the file system of the WD easystore drive is not compatible with your Mac.
- Make sure your external hard drive isn’t physically damaged. Severe damage to the hard drive makes it unusable.
CHANGE THE VISIBILITY OF THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
Sometimes, your macOS would have recognized the external hard drive, but the drive will not show up due to system settings. Follow these steps to change those settings.
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Navigate to Preferences.
- Select General.
- Tick the External disks option.
- Open the Finder window.
- Choose Preferences.
- Click the Sidebar tab.
- Make sure the External disks option is ticked.
When you do this, the macOS shows your drive on your desktop.
UPDATE INCOMPATIBLE WD SOFTWARE
There are possibilities where your Mac doesn’t recognize your WD easystore due to the incompatible WD software. That is, the WD software you have isn’t compatible with your macOS.
So, use the WD discovery software to update WD Drive Utilities, WD Backup, WD Security, and others.
REPAIR THE HARD DRIVE IN DISK UTILITY
- Go to Applications on your Mac.
- Select Utilities followed by Disk Utility.
- Click View.
- Choose Show All Devices.
- Now, select your unrecognized WD easystore drive from the sidebar.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Wait for the system to check and repair the disk errors.
FIX USING WD DRIVE UTILITIES
WD Drive Utilities helps fix drive failures, bad sectors, slow disk performance, manage RAID configuration, format hard drives, and more.
Let us see how to run a diagnosis.
- Download and install WD Drive Utilities on your Mac.
- Connect the WD easystore drive to your Mac.
- Click the Diagnose icon.
- Select Run Quick Drive Test.
The above instructions might help you fix your “WD easystore not recognized by Mac” issue. You can call us if the above procedures don’t work so that we can guide you through them.