WD External Hard Drive Installation Software For Windows
WD external hard drives are plug-and-play drives, and you can use them as storage devices on your computer. The WD external drive doesn't require any additional software. The WD Discovery software enhances the performance of the drive. The WD Discovery software includes the WD Security app, WD Backup and WD Drive Utilities. So, for your WD external hard drive, you need not download any additional driver other than WD Discovery. Continue to read the following sections to WD External Hard Drive Installation Software For Windows.
Download WD Discovery Software
- When you buy a WD external hard drive, the WD discovery software will be included in the drive itself. Once you connect the disk to your computer using a USB cable, access the hard drive, run the setup file, and install the WD Discovery software on your computer by following the on-screen instructions. If you are not sure of the installation steps, refer to the next section for the step-by-step installation method.
- But, if you had formatted the drive before installing the WD Discovery software, you can download it from the official support page of WD.
- On your computer, launch a browser and go to the official support page of WD. Then, in the Need drivers, software or firmware section, click on the Go to downloads option. On the Software & Downloads page, go down to the Software for Windows section, click on the Install WD Discovery for Windows option and then click on the Download button. Now, the software starts to download in the background.
- Once the download is completed, go to the destination folder, run the setup file, and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Installation of the WD Discovery software
- Once the download is over, you can go to the destination folder and double-click on the WD Discovery Windows installer package. Now, the installation process will start.
- Now, you may receive a Windows Open File Security warning window; click Run to install the software. Then, the Welcome to the WD Discovery Setup Wizard message will be displayed; start the software installation on your computer by clicking on the Next button.
- Now, read the end-user license agreement and select the checkbox that says, "I accept the terms of the license agreement," and then click on the Next button. Then, the WD discovery setup window will be displayed; click on the Install button to begin the WD Discovery software's installation. Now, a window that shows the installation process's status will be displayed. Once the installation is complete, click on the Finish button to finalize the WD Discovery software installation.
Now, you have successfully installed the WD External Hard Drive Installation Software For Windows.