QUICK STEPS: WD HARD DRIVE ERROR CODE 43
The WD external hard drives are suitable for storing all files and folders. These drives are fully compatible with most of the operating systems. Because of the convenience that a WD hard drive provides to the end-user, many people prefer WD. However, the drive can malfunction and this is unavoidable. Here we will discuss the steps that you can follow to get rid of the WD external hard drive error code 43.
RECOVERING DATA FROM THE HARD DRIVE:
If the hard drive is not working, and you want to recover your important data from it, carry out the below steps one by one.
- There are many data recovery software available on the Web.
- Here we have taken the Remo External Hard Drive Recovery Tool for explaining the data recovery process on your PC.
- Download and install the Remo recovery software on your PC.
- Once the program is installed successfully, select the Recovery Partitions option present on the home screen.
- Choose the drive from the list and press the Scan button.
- The tool will start scanning the files and folders present on the hard disk.
- All the files extracted during the scan are displayed under the Data View or File Type View section.
- Now, preview the files and mark those that you want to save.
- Find a secure location to save the recovered files.
- Finally, hit the Save button to complete the data recovery process.
- Apart from this, you can use any third-party software tool to recover the data.
FORMAT THE DRIVE:
- Turn on your Mac computer.
- Attach the WD external hard drive to the system’s USB port.
- Once appropriately connected, wait for a few seconds. Let macOS detect and mount the drive for use.
- Now the WD hard drive icon will appear on your desktop.
- On macOS Dock, select Finder.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Select the Disk Utility application.
- In the Disk Utility window, choose the WD hard drive icon from the sidebar.
- Next, click the Erase tab.
- From the Erase dialog box, select the Volume Format option.
- Choose APFS or MS-DOS, or exFAT.
- Now the macOS erases the entire data on the drive and reformats it to APFS, FAT32, or exFAT format.
- Wait patiently until the formatting process gets complete.
Note: The time duration totally depends on the size of data stored on your WD hard drive.
- Once the formatting is done, eject the drive before pulling out the USB cable.
- Now you can use the WD hard drive as a new drive on your Mac system.
ASSIGN A DIFFERENT DRIVE LETTER:
Once you have formatted the hard drive, assign a different drive letter.
- There are two ways to assign a drive letter for your WD external hard drive.
- One is by using the Windows built-in Disk Management, and the other is by using any third-party WD ultra partition manager.
- Disk Management is a Windows built-in disk partitioning tool with some basic features such as managing the disk, disk partitioning, formatting the drive, shrink partition, delete partition, change drive letter, etc.
Follow the below-stated steps to change the disk letter.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and type Disk Management.
- Go to the Disk Management Window.
- Select the WD hard drive on the main interface.
- Right-click on it and choose the Change drive letter and path option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Add button from the small dialog box.
- After that, go back to the main interface to check whether you are able to access the WD external hard drive.
So, by following the solutions given in this article, you can sort out the WD hard drive error code 43.