SIMPLE STEPS: WD MY PASSPORT 2TB HARD DRIVE
The WD My Passport hard drive is a compact and very easy-to-use device. It helps you add more storage. In this article, we have discussed different topics regarding the WD My Passport 2TB Hard Drive Installation.
The WD My Passport drive is an auto backup device that also has Time machine compatibility. The Time machine is a backup application that is built-in for Mac laptops and computers.
- Formatted NTFS required for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
- Reformat the hard drive if Mac is your OS
- USB 3.0 (for high transfer speed) or USB 2.0
- The WD My Passport 2TB external hard drive
- USB cable
- Quick Start and Warranty Information
Contents In The Box:
WD MY PASSPORT 2TB HARD DRIVE DRIVER DOWNLOAD
WD MY PASSPORT 2TB DRIVERS FOR MAC
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL for the WD support page.
- Once the page opens, locate and click the Downloads tab.
- The Software & Download page will open.
- Click the Product drop-down list and select the WD My Passport device.
- Click the Submit button.
- Select the Software for Mac option on the page.
- You can select the required driver and click the DOWNLOAD button.
- The driver for Mac will be downloaded.
WD MY PASSPORT 2TB DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
- Open the WD support page in your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- You will find that the Software & Download page opens.
- Click the Product drop-down list and choose the WD My Passport hard drive.
- Click Submit.
- Click SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS.
- You can select any application from the section and click the DOWNLOAD button.
HOW DO I INSTALL WD MY PASSPORT 2TB DRIVERS?
- Once you have the driver downloaded to your computer, it is time for WD My Passport 2TB Hard Drive Installation.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded .zip driver file.
- Next, extract the contents to a folder on your computer.
- Once the window opens, you will see the WDDiscovery option. Now, do a double-click to initiate the installation.
- The computer will request you to confirm and select the button to proceed. Click the button to start the installation procedure.
- The WD Discovery Setup window will now open; you need to click the Next button to proceed.
- It is time to accept the End User License Agreement and follow the commands on the screen.
- Finally, click the Install button.
- The driver for the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive will be installed on your computer.
HOW DO I RECOVER DATA FROM WD MY PASSPORT 2TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?
There is no official recovery software from WD My Passport to have your files back. However, there are some third-party data recovery software that can be put to good use. Now, let us see the steps for the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Ensure that the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive is connected.
- Enter the Easeus official website link in the address bar of the browser; press the Enter button.
- Click the Free Download button on the page (for Windows). You will find that the application is downloaded.
- You will have to double-click on the setup file to start the WD My Passport 2TB Hard Drive Installation.
Note: A black bar is displayed on the unallocated partition.
- When the window opens, click the I Agree checkbox for the Terms & conditions.
- The Easeus data recovery wizard will now show the list of drives available on your computer. Select the connected hard drive from the list and click the Scan button.
- The application will scan and also show you a preview of the files and documents.
- You have to click the Filter option located in the top section of the application. You can also select the All Files option from the Filter drop-down list.
- Finally, click the Recover button to retrieve your data.
WHY IS MY WD EXTERNAL 2TB HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING UP?
There can be instances when the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive will not show up on your computer. Such problems are rare. If such an issue arises, there are different methods to solve the WD My Passport 2TB external hard drive not connected issue. Some of those troubleshooting techniques are provided here:
- Check if the USB cable is attached correctly to the WD My Passport drive and the computer.
- Replace the cable if there is a problem with the cable itself.
- Ensure that the USB port on the computer is not damaged or accumulated with any dust residue.
- Connect the WD My Passport hard drive to a different computer to rule out the problem with the hard drive.
- Restart your computer and try again.
Here are the 4 top solutions to make sure that the issue never happens again.
Solution 1: UPDATE THE USB CONTROLLER DRIVER
- Do a right-click on the Windows icon and select the Device Manager option.
- Click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option.
- Right-click on the drive and then click the Update driver button.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Solution 2: CHANGE THE LETTER AND PATH OF THE DRIVE
- Open the Run command (Windows + R). Type in diskmgmt.msc in the Open field and press the Enter button.
- Perform a right-click on the hard drive and choose the Change Drive Letter and Paths… option. Next, click the Change button.
- Now, choose the Assign the following drive letter option.
- From the Letter drop-down list, select a drive letter for your WD My Passport external hard drive. Click the OK button.
- Save all your changes and restart the computer.
Now, try to see if the WD My Passport drive is recognized by your computer.
Solution 3: WINDOWS ADVANCED STARTUP
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I) and select the Update & Security option.
- Click the Recovery tab.
- Select the Advanced Startup option;
- Click the Restart now button.
- You will find that the computer automatically restarts and opens the startup settings screen. Now, press the F4 button on the keyboard.
In order to ensure that the My Passport hard drive gets recognized by your computer, you should reboot the computer in safe mode. To do the same, follow these instructions.
Check whether the hard drive is getting recognized by your computer.
Solution 4: DO A CHECK DISK
- Search for the Command Prompt window.
- Do a right-click on the command prompt option and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, you have to type Chkdsk/ f (Drive alphabet):
- Check for errors in the WD My Passport hard drive.
- Resolve the errors by following the on-screen commands.
The WD My Passport 2TB Hard Drive Installation will now be completed successfully.