WD 4TB MY PASSPORT PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
WD MY PASSPORT 4TB Hard Drive is a portable external hard drive with smart storage solution. This hard drive comes with an NTFS driver for Mac and so you can use the drive on both Windows and Mac computers. In addition, the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port delivers a higher data transfer rate. For detailed instructions about the hard drive setup, go through the steps given on this page.
- Slim and stylish
- User friendly
- Automatic backup
- Sync with Chromebook
- USB 3.2 interface
- Windows 10 or Windows 8.1
- Mac OS 10.13 or high
- Requires reformatting for other operating systems
Items inside the box
- WD My Passport portable hard drive
- WD Backup, WD Drive Utilities, and WD Security
- USB 3.0 cable
- User guide
HOW TO SET UP WD MY PASSPORT 4TB HARD DRIVE
- Unpack the WD My Passport hard drive from the package.
- Remove the protective cover from all the contents.
- Make sure your PC is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to the drive and another end to your PC.
- Ensure that the led light on your drive turns on, indicating that your device is connected to your PC.
- Once connected to your PC, your desktop will pop with a screen showing your drive has been connected.
- Open the drive name, and you will get to see the My Passport software installer.
- Double click on the software for download.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and agree to download.
- Once downloaded, click Finish.
- Now the drive is ready to use.
WD MY PASSPORT 4TB HARD DRIVE DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The driver for the WD My Passport 4TB hard drive will be installed when you install WD Discovery. The drive software along with other software such as WD Backup, WD Security, and WD Drive Utilities are included in the drive itself. To download and install the driver on your Windows or Mac computer, read the following sections.
- After connecting your WD My Passport to your PC, your screen will pop up with a WD My Passport screen where you can download the WD My Passport software installer.
- Double click on the icon and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You can also download the software for your WD My Passport from the official WD site.
- Download the software that supports your PC’s OS.
- Click on the Install button and run the software.
- Click the Finish button and end the installation.
- Now your drive is ready to store your files and photos.
- Turn on your Mac.
- Connect the WD My Passport drive to your Mac and make sure that the LED light on it turns on.
- Your desktop will pop up with the WD My Passport drive icon on the Finder display.
- Click on the drive and download the WD My Passport app that supports your Mac OS.
- You can also download the software from WD software offline installers or the official web page of WD.
- Once your installation is completed, click OK.
- You can now access your WD My Passport to your Mac.
Wd 4tb My Passport Portable External Hard Drive Download for Windows
Wd 4tb My Passport Portable External Hard Drive Download for Mac
How To Recover Data From Wd My Passport 4tb External Hard Drive?
- Click on the WD Backup view menu from your taskbar.
- Select Restore files.
- Select the location to restore the files that you need.
- On the restore files screen, select the files that you need to restore.
- Click Restore, and the restore process starts.
WD MY PASSPORT 4TB HARD DRIVE WITH CLOUD BACKUP
- Connect your WD My Passport to your PC
- Make sure the LED indicator light on your device turns on.
- Go to the official web page of the cloud storage where do you want to store the files.
- Login to the cloud storage and click on the Upload files option.
- Select the files you want to back up and click Next.
- Your files will get backed up to the cloud storage.
WHY IS MY WD 4TB MY PASSPORT PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT SHOWING UP?
There may be some issues regarding your USB cable, or the driver might have failed. Also, the power connection to your external device might have damaged. If there are specific issues, try the below steps
- Try disconnecting your USB cable and plug it in again.
- If the system still recognizes no device, then try disconnecting and connect to the other computer.
- If the other computer recognizes the drive, then there might be a problem with your PC.
- Restart your PC and try it again --- connecting your drive to your PC.
- Go to Disk management and check whether the drive shows up there.
- If it shows up there, check whether the partition and format information is seen.
- Right-click on the drive and select Change letter drive and paths.
- Select the letter you need and click Add.
- Now you can see that your PC recognizes the external drive.
- If the partition and format information is not shown, the drive needs to be reformatted.
How to format or partition WD My Passport on Windows?
- Open Disk management on your PC and choose the disk that you want to format or partition.
- Ensure that your drive is successfully backed up.
- Click on the drive and select the New simple volume.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Change the Drive letter and paths and click Next. Click on the Format option and select Next.
- After formatting, click on the Finish button to begin using the drive.
How to format Wd 4tb My Passport Portable External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Make sure your WD My Passport device is connected to your Mac.
- Go to Disk Utility on your Mac.
- Click on the WD My Passport drive and select the Eject option.
- Make sure your drive is successfully backed up.
- Click on the Erase button.
- The Erase screen will pop up.
- Choose the format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and scheme as GUID partition map.
- Type the name of your device and select Erase.
- After completion, your device will be visible on your Mac.
WD DRIVE UTILITIES NOT DETECTING THE WD MY PASSPORT DRIVE
In many cases, uninstalling and re-installing WD Utilities have worked. If it fails, then try the below steps:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows key plus R key at the same time.
- Go to Service Windows by typing services.msc in the box and click OK.
- You can find the WD Drive manager by scrolling down.
- Double click on the WD Drive manager and make changes in Startup type to Automatic.
- Wait for few minutes until the service status shows running.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes.