Simple Tips - WD My Passport Data Recovery
Have you lost all the data from your WD My Passport drive? If you have already created a backup of your data using the WD Backup software, you can recover them within a few minutes. If you don't have the backup, the only option is to use third-party data recovery software.
Some of the data recovery software used for WD My Passport are Recoverit, EaseUS, Disk Drill, and Stellar Info. For detailed instructions about the WD My Passport Data Recovery using third-party software, go through the steps given below.
Downloading the data recovery software:
- On your computer, open the default browser.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Search for the data recovery software that is compatible with your computer.
- Go to the official site of the data recovery software and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
WD My Passport data recovery:
- Once you have downloaded the WD My Passport Data Recovery software, go to the Downloads section in the browser.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file to run the installation process.
- Complete the setup by following the on-screen prompts.
- Ensure that your WD My Passport drive is connected properly to your computer.
- Open the data recovery software and choose your WD My Passport drive.
- If prompted, select the file type you wish to recover.
- Click Scan to start the scan after selecting the required file types.
- Wait until the scan gets completed. The time depends upon the size of the data you are recovering from the drive.
- Once the scan is complete, preview the files.
- Choose the files you wish to recover and click the Recover button.
- Specify the destination folder on your computer and start the WD My Passport data recovery.
- Once you have recovered the files, move them to the WD My Passport drive.