WD My Passport Firmware Update Pocedure:
When you update the firmware of a device to its latest version, you can explore the enhanced features of that device. It also ensures an enriched user experience. The WD Universal firmware update utility automatically detects and installs the recent firmware for your hard drive. But, WD My Passport has ended its support for firmware updates for its hard drives. However, if you are using WD My Passport Wireless or Wireless Pro, the updates are still available. If you prefer to WD My Passport Firmware Update for your WD My Passport Wireless or Wireless Pro hard drive, continue to read the following sections.
Update the firmware automatically
- On your computer, go to the dashboard of your My Passport Wireless Pro from your default browser.
- Navigate to the Firmware tab and click on the Check for update option in the Automatic Update section.
- If any new update is available, download it on your computer and click on the Install and Reboot option.
- When the update gets completed, the drive will start to reboot.
Update Firmware Manually
- If you want to check whether your WD My Passport Firmware Update is done sucessfully without any errors, it should be connected to the wireless connection.
- On your computer, visit the official support page of WD from your default browser.
- In the search field, enter 'My Passport wireless pro.'' Go to the Software for GPL/Firmware section and click on the + symbol next to the Current Firmware option.
- Choose the required firmware and click on the Download button; then, it will start to download in the background.
- Once the download gets completed, connect your computer to your WD My Passport Wireless Pro hard drive's direct Wi-Fi network.
- Open the WD dashboard on your computer, go to the Manual Update section, and then click on the Update from file option.
- Navigate to the updated firmware file and click on the Open button.
- When the confirmation message shows up, click on the Install and Reboot option.
- Within five minutes, the updates will be installed on the hard drive. Once the update gets completed, the drive will start to reboot.
In this way, you can quickly know about WD My Passport Firmware Update. In case you have further questions, you can reach out to us.