Wd My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up
The WD My Passport external hard drive is used to back up your data or store any important files from your computer. When you try to plug in the external hard drive using the USB cable, it should appear on the desktop. However, the external hard drive sometimes does not show up on your Mac due to a problem with the drive itself.
Here are a few reasons why your Wd My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up.
- The USB port is damaged
- Incorrectly formatted hard drive
- Poor cable
fix error ⇒
fix error ⇒
Testing the Cable and Checking if the Hard Drive is Inserted Properly:
Due to a poor USB cable, you’ll end up with an error that states that your Wd My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up. It’s better to connect the same device with a different cable and also try connecting the hard drive to different USB ports on your computer.
If the above method is not satisfactory, skip to the next one.
Try to edit your Finder Settings:
When you set up your Finder preferences to display mounted drives on the desktop, you can avoid the external hard drive not showing up error.
- On your Mac computer, open the Finder window.
- Select Preferences and then click General.
- Enable the External disks option.
- After enabling, check whether the WD My Passport external hard drive shows up on your Mac.
Try to Reset NVRAM:
If you want to fix the problem due to which the external hard drive is not visible on your Mac, resetting the NVRAM might help.
- First, on your Mac computer, click the Apple menu.
- Next, choose Shut down.
- Now, turn on your Mac.
- Immediately, you need to press the Option + Command + P + R keys together for about 20 seconds.
- Release the keys as soon as you hear the startup sound.
Now, this should resolve the problem.
If the problem still exists, try the next solution.
Checking Disk Utility:
- First, on the Mac computer, select System Preferences.
- Next, pick Disk Utility.
- Now, you need to check to see if the external hard drive is visible in the left pane.
- Click on it and then choose Mount.
- This should make the My Passport external hard drive visible on your Mac computer.
- Otherwise, click on First Aid under Disk Utility.
- Click the blue Run button.
- Now, your Mac will automatically check for any errors and fix them.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to fix the Wd My Passport For Mac Not Showing Up error. Try to implement the methods as described above.