Quick Fix: WD My Passport Not Accessible Windows 10
Is your WD My Passport drive not being recognized by your Windows computer? Are you facing WD My Passport Not Accessible Windows 10 problems while trying to access the drive?
Some issues won't allow you to access the WD My Passport drive on a Windows 10 computer. Let's see how to resolve this issue on your computer using simple methods.
Checking the WD My Passport drive status:
- Connect the WD My Passport drive to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Check whether the WD icon appears in the This PC window; if not, connect the USB cable to another USB port on the computer.
- Check if the WD driver is installed properly.
- If the driver is corrupted, you will not be able to access the WD drive on your Windows 10 computer.
- Ensure that the WD drive and any other drive (on the computer) are not assigned the same drive letter. If they are assigned the same drive letter, continue reading the next section to know how to fix WD My Passport Not Accessible Windows 10.
Steps to Change The Drive Name:
- If the WD drive and another drive are assigned the same drive name, you can't access the WD drive. To change the drive name, follow the steps given below.
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon and then type 'disk management.'
- Select Disk Management from the search results.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click on the WD My Passport drive, and then select Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add.
- Now, select the radio button for Assign the following drive letter. Then, click the drop-down box and assign a letter from the list.
- Click OK.
- Make sure that you have not assigned the same letter for different drives.
- Now, check if your WD My Passport drive is accessible or not.
Steps to Update the WD Software:
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon and then type 'device manager.'
- Select Device Manager from the search list.
- In the Device Manager window, right-click on the WD My Passport drive and then choose Update driver.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the network.
- Once the driver is updated, restart the computer and then check whether you can access the WD My Passport drive.
Hopefully, the 'WD My Passport Not Accessible Windows 10' issue is resolved successfully.