WD My Passport Not Showing Up Mac
WD My Passport is one of those amazing external hard drives. The WD My Passport hard drives are well suited for both Mac and Windows computers. These drives come in many names, such as Ultra Slim, Portable, and Slim. There are plenty of Mac users who are facing the issue where the WD My Passport Not Showing Up Mac.
There are many causes that might lead to the WD My Passport hard drive not opening or showing up on Mac.
- A recent Mac OS update can cause incompatibility.
- The WD My Passport hard drive is password protected.
- There is a problem with the USB slot on your Mac or a fault with the USB cable used to connect the WD My Passport hard drive and the Mac USB port.
- No proper power supply on Mac.
- Disk drivers have not been updated in a long time.
BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS
- Disconnect the WD My Passport external hard drive from the Mac computer and re-insert it into the USB slot slowly to see if the WD My Passport hard drive light shows up.
- Try plugging the WD My Passport hard drive into a different USB slot to see if it works.
- If the USB cable for the WD My Passport Hard drive appears to be damaged, replace it with a new USB cable.
- Connect the WD My Passport hard drive to a different Mac to rule out the error with the drive.
METHOD 1: ENABLE HARD DRIVE IN FINDER PREFERENCES AND DESKTOP
- Click the Finder icon on the desktop screen on your Mac computer.
- Select the Preferences option and then select Sidebar.
- Under the Locations section, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Select the General tab.
- Below Show these items on the desktop, click the checkbox for the option External disks.
Check if this resolves the issue of the WD My Passport Not Showing Up Mac computer.
METHOD 2: REPAIR HARD DRIVE WITH FIRST AID
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) icon in the dock section.
- Click Other, then locate and click the Disk Utility option.
- On the left pane, select the unmounted WD My Passport hard drive.
- Select the Firstaid option on the top.
- Click the Run button to initiate the repair on the WD My Passport hard drive.
RECOVER AND FORMAT WD MY PASSPORT HARD DRIVE
There are several third-party data recovery applications that are available for download.
Let us see the steps for the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard:
- Open the Safari browser.
- Enter the URL for EaseUS Data Recovery in the address bar, then press Return.
- When the page opens, you will be taken to the Easeus Data recovery website.
- Click the Download for Mac option.
- Once the file is downloaded completely, run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the setup for the EaseUS Data Recovery software.
- Once complete, the application will show the drives on your Mac computer.
- Click the WD My Passport hard drive and click Scan.
- A deep scan will now take place.
- Once it's complete, click Recover Now button.
- Select a folder to retrieve all the data from the WD My Passport hard drive.
Format the hard drive:
Once the recovery is complete, you can format the hard drive in simple steps.
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select the options, Applications Utilities Disk Utility.
- On the left pane, select the WD My Passport hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- Click the Done button once the format is complete.
- Hope WD My Passport Not Showing Up Mac issue is now resolved successfully.