Wd My Passport Ultra 2TB Hard Drive Formatting
Are you looking for the exact solutions to format a WD hard drive? Then this article will help in WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Hard Drive Formatting. Before you start formatting the drive, choose the file system format you wish to use. If you are going to use the drive on both Windows and Mac computers, hook up with the exFAT format. Once you have decided the format, proceed to the instructions given below.
For Windows 10:
- Start by connecting your WD My Passport hard drive to your Windows computer using the provided USB cable.
- Give a right-click on the Windows icon and select the Disk Management option from the pop-up menu.
- Locate your WD hard drive in the Disk Management window.
- Right-click the hard drive volume and select the New Simple Volume option.
- In the wizard that appeared, click Next and specify the volume size.
- If necessary, assign a drive letter that was not taken already by any other drives on your computer.
- Click Next and choose the required format from the File system drop-down menu.
- Select the Perform a quick format checkbox and click the Next button.
- Once the format is complete, click the Finish button.
- Now, the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Hard Drive Formatting is completed on your Windows computer. Continue reading the instructions to know how to format the hard drive on your Mac.
- First, connect your WD hard drive to your Mac using a standard USB cable.
- Next, click the Spotlight Search icon in the menubar and type ‘Disk Utility’ in the search field.
- Click to open Disk Utility from the search result.
- Alternatively, open the Applications folder from the Finder app and double-click Utilities --> Disk Utility.
- Choose your WD My Passport Ultra 2TB hard drive from the left-side panel for formatting.
- Click Erase and name your drive.
- Select the required format from the Format drop-down menu.
- If necessary, select a partition scheme.
- Click Erase and confirm your action to format the drive.
- Wait for Disk Utility to complete the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Hard Drive Formatting. Once completed, click Done and partition the drive for Time Machine Backup.